11 thins you don't know about Halloween
1. The Halloween party has been around for 6,000 years! It is supposed to have been born in Ireland around 4000 BC! So it's not a candy factory that invented this party!
2. Halloween has its origins in the Celtic festival "Samain" which corresponds to the end of the harvest. At that time, the Gaels believed that on October 31 the border between the world of the living and the dead was fading away and the dead were returning to life to wreak havoc among the living. An effective way to scare the dead? Wear costumes and masks!
3. Halloween is the second most commercial holiday in the USA (just after Christmas)! Americans spend about $ 6.9 billion on Halloween, most of which is spent on sweets, costumes and parties. Surprisingly, a large part is also invested in Halloween costumes for pets !!
4. Of the $ 6.9 billion spent each year, only in the US, $ 1.6 billion is spent on Halloween candy!
5. The average American consumes about 3.4 kg of candy for Halloween, the weight of a little chihuahua!
6. Did you know that Halloween fear exists? It's Samhainophobia!
7. Try to wear your clothes upside down and walk backwards on Halloween. According to tradition, it is an infallible way to see a witch at twelve strokes of midnight!
8. It is in a Swiss garden that the heaviest pumpkin in the world has grown: it weighed 950 kg !!
9. Halloween pumpkins and sweets are just as common: digging pumpkins on Halloween is not only fun, some say it would scare bad spirits!
10. Some cities in the US have banned the collection of treats for children over 12! In some states, teens who cheat on their age can be fined up to $ 1,000!
11. "Do not be afraid if you see a spider on Halloween, according to legend, it is the spirit of a loved one who watches over you from the afterlife.
To reward you for reading our article to the end, we will give you a little bonus information. On www.lenses-color.com, we have more than 300 models of different colored lenses. Crazy, isn't it ?!